Why Google Apps?
What is Google Apps
Why do we use and deploy Google Apps for our clients?
• Lower infrastructure costs — All your email will be stored securely on Google's servers, so you no longer have to maintain email servers on-site
• Ability to consolidate platforms — We can eliminate redundancy by moving all of your email and calendar platforms to Google Apps
• Lower support costs
• Highly scalable environment — With Google Apps, our email capacity will grow automatically as your organization grows, and we'll avoid the complexity of internal systems
• Access to services from anywhere, at anytime — A key benefit of the Google-hosted solution is that you can access email, contacts, and calendar from any computer or mobile device with an Internet connection, from anywhere in the world
• More collaboration features — With Google's next-generation applications, you can collaborate with colleagues, customers, and partners more easily and efficiently than ever before
• Instant messaging — Because Google Apps includes Google Talk, You can now implement an instant messaging system for your organization
What are the key benefits of using Google Apps?
• Lots of storage — You get a full 25 GB of online storage for your email (much more than you have now), so you can archive all of your email online. You'll no longer need to worry about deleting messages or saving them in offline folders.
• Enhanced message organization and retrieval — With Gmail, you'll spend less time managing folders and searching for messages. For example, you can add one or more tags, or "labels," to your messages to organize and store them more efficiently. And with the Google-powered search feature, you can find any message quickly and easily, whether it's in your Inbox or stored in your message archive.
• Easier calendar sharing — Google Calendar lets you and your team quickly and easily share your calendars with each other and specify the details you want to show. Calendar sharing is a great way to keep each other informed about your schedules. Now it's easier than ever to find out if someone is in a meeting, on a business trip, or on vacation.
• Integrated chat — With the Google Talk instant messaging application, you can communicate instantly with other people in our organization right from the Gmail interface. In addition, all your chats are automatically saved, so you can always retrieve important information later.
• Real-time collaboration — Using Google Docs, you can create documents, spreadsheets, presentations, drawings, and more, that you and your team can view and edit at the same time. You can still use your [Microsoft Office/other] products as needed, but now you'll have more options for storing and collaborating on your documents.
• Powerful video sharing — Using Google Video for business, you can easily share videos with your team or throughout our organization for a whole new level of communication and collaboration.